Question Windows not deleting files

May 2, 2024
I'm having problems with windows deleting files, when I try to delete them the computer cpu runs at 75%-100%. I'm on windows 11 on a Gen 2 p17 lenovo thinkpad. It seeings like an OS issue, I called lenovo and the tech said they've never seen the problem and also said "good luck figuring it out". I have even tried to start the computer in safe mode and that fails as well. Any advice is appreciated thank you

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are you attempting to delete the files? Some utility or app?

File types? Source? What app (if applicable) created those files?

And it may seem strange to ask but why are you attempting to delete those files?

Are you trying to delete specific Windows files? If so, which files?

Do the files eventually get deleted? Any pop-up windows, error codes, etc. when the deletion attempts fail?

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to discover what the CPU is doing (or trying to do) when running at 75%-100%.

Capture some screenshots and post the screenshots here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

More information is needed.

There are a few files now and than that seem safe one might get off the internet and windows will not just toss when asked.

I have delt with these gremlins by taking ownership of them in windows. I made a script years ago that lets me right click and take ownership . Than I can shred or put in the recycle bin and empty.