Windows not opening some programs/files, sometimes fixes after restart

Demoux

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
This is my first post here so forgive any lack of etiquette on my part.

I started having this problem about a week ago when I tried to launch a vLan gaming program, tunngle, and I couldn't open it. So I restarted my computer, and it opened right up. But its in the programs nature to sometimes not work and require a restart, so I closed the program, and then went to reopen it, and it didn't open. So I decided to uninstall it, and the uninstaller wouldn't run, and neither would some other programs (for example: regedit, any installer, some other misc programs like a video editor I use, and any minecraft launcher I have tried.) But others would, like most games (Not minecraft.) Skype, photoshop, settings, malware bytes, windows defender, and command prompt (And others I have yet to test) I also ran 3 scans. One on windows defender, one on malware bytes, and one through command prompt (/sfc scannow) and nothing seemed to be wrong. I can open most any program directly after a restart but eventually cannot after some time. (I disabled everything from startup just to be sure.) I am at a loss as to what is the problem, after scouring through task manager to find anything weird, nothing really popped up. Which brings me here, to my first post after seeing quite a few helpful things, but nothing quite as specific as mine. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Solution
try running this in a command prompt with admin rights
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

its just an OP version of SFC

another option is make another user and see if behaviour happens on them as well.

Colif

Win 11 Master

its just an OP version of SFC

another option is make another user and see if behaviour happens on them as well.

Solution

Demoux

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

That actually gave me an idea, after running malwarebytes again just to make sure, I noticed it was scanning only around 300k items. (Boot SSD) and none of my storage drive. Turns out the virus was there, just had to tell it to scan. I am going to go ahead and mark your post as the answer, as it is good advice, it was indeed malware and scanning was the fix. I feel a little silly now, Cheers.