Windows on 98 Percent of New Netbooks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please people. You all are like, Linux fanboys. You bitch about Microsoft, but you do nothing about it really.

Linux has fatal flaws, which prevent me from wanting to EVER use it.

1. Different Versions: So many versions that I can't have compatability between every Linux program. The things on Windows mostly work between the different versions, even with the exception of Vista and XP, most software will work between the different operating systems in the Microsoft Family.

Linux... why the hell do you need so many distributions? People bitch about the 6 versions of Windows Vista/7, yet there are like hundreds of Linux Distro's. Pick one distro (like Unbuntu) and stick with it.

2: Open Source: With open source, which is nice to have, comes the drawbacks. No Native DVD support? That's bullshit in my opinion. You have to pay people to get what you really want. You want good software? You pay for it.

3: Pain in the ass to use: With the open source as stated above, you also open up another can of worms. No unified file format. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I hate more than having to install stuff from command line. Sudo App Get is annoying as hell. I want a setup.exe that I can simply click to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.