Windows Outputting 1080i ?

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
I want to have a setup where i run my tv as a secondary display for others to watch movies on while i use my pc but for some reason the resolution the TV revives is 1080I and stretched + all blurry with lines. Anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
Have you also looked at the Windows Display Settings in Control Panel? Would there be any options listed there as 1080p?

Another thing, can you try a DVI-to-HDMI cable? DVI connected to your RX 470 and the HDMI to your TV. I have read some issues before that using HDMI-to-HDMI on TVs results in some display problems for Windows (not being able to get the correct resolution as well as the refresh rate). Also, as another resort, can you also try a different cable (just in case that maybe the HDMI cable you are currently using is defective?).
What is your GPU? Check the Display settings on your GPU's control panel. Is there an option there that you can select 1080p for the TV?

Example (for AMD GPU):
199377d1486592220t-graphics-card-hdtv-via-hdmi-cable-even-possible-panais-1.png

Example (for Nvidia GPU):
Untitled.jpg

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016

I'm currently using my old RX 470 on this specific build so all the settings are different. Clicking additional settings takes me to a like minded page just without the settings you have pictured...

cooldude8530

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016

ebwBHWdso83gHAQCA

http://
Imagine this just flashing fast enough that video cant pick it up

Have you also looked at the Windows Display Settings in Control Panel? Would there be any options listed there as 1080p?

Another thing, can you try a DVI-to-HDMI cable? DVI connected to your RX 470 and the HDMI to your TV. I have read some issues before that using HDMI-to-HDMI on TVs results in some display problems for Windows (not being able to get the correct resolution as well as the refresh rate). Also, as another resort, can you also try a different cable (just in case that maybe the HDMI cable you are currently using is defective?).

Solution