Windows Phone 8 Pre-Orders May Start October 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Cool. Don't need one though.

It will however be interesting to see windows 8 in action... the mobile version, i want see if the apps measure up.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm no fan of Windows 8, but Windows Phone 8 has my attention. I like what they're trying to do here. Now if only the monthly fees weren't so astronomical for cell service with a smart phone. I enjoy my $15 a month old calls-only phone. Quintupling that monthly expense is not something I'm very interested in doing.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]I'm no fan of Windows 8, but Windows Phone 8 has my attention. I like what they're trying to do here. Now if only the monthly fees weren't so astronomical for cell service with a smart phone. I enjoy my $15 a month old calls-only phone. Quintupling that monthly expense is not something I'm very interested in doing.[/citation]

The thing is you don't need data plans for smartphones but the only way to get them at prices we can afford is to get them with a expensive data plan. Say you don't want a data plan, be prepared to pay $500 or more for your phone! Damn carriers!

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Any carrier but AT&T. Horrible service and horrible signal at where I live. Too bad I was really interested in the Lumia 920. Hope there will be non contract version available soon.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]The thing is you don't need data plans for smartphones but the only way to get them at prices we can afford is to get them with a expensive data plan. Say you don't want a data plan, be prepared to pay $500 or more for your phone! Damn carriers![/citation]
So you'd rather pay $200 now and $2000 over the next 2 years? If you don't need a dataplan, then you paying that $500-700 comes out (much) cheaper in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.