Question Windows re-installed, and now I'm getting Blue Screen message System Service Exception (what failed: ataport sys)

YorksBill

Reputable
Aug 9, 2019
I recently got infected with a virus, so I did a reinstall of Windows10 from a flash drive. I installed Avast Antivirus, and all seemed to be working OK for a few days. I installed Canon printer software today, and tried to run a smart-scan with Avast, but after a few minutes or less, I get a blue screen with this message:
: ( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart....
Stop Code: System Service Exception
what failed: ataport sys.

I've looked around but I can't find a straightforward fix... I've noidea what the cause might be..
Please note, I'm not very PC/tech savvy, and my time online is restricted (UK time) so this might be a slow process!

thanks for any help/advice/suggestions

B.

Hello

Can you please try booting in Safe Mode and uninstalling the antivirus program? You can try using a different one instead.

If the issue persists, please try obtaining a new copy of your printer driver from the vendor's official website, and try installing it.

If the problem remains, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it fixes the issue.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!