Question Windows reecognizes my 2 tb sansung evo 970 as a partition drive of some kind but in bios shows just fine

Leovor

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
Already used Samsung magician to secure erase it and even did a windows 10 reset and nothing

A bit of background. I just built a new pc using a maximus hero XII extreme as mobo but used my old SSD Sata drive in which i had Windows 10 installed (have a linked license) and my old HDD storage drives. Also installed a brand new Samsung Evo 970 2tb which shows in the Bios and says 2tb capacity.

But windows shows it as a drive called something like "reserved for system files" and has 540ish mb only capacity and 30ish mb used

I read that i should boot with the CSM option disabled but the thing is that if i dont disable CSM it wont boot it just forces me to BIOS but if i enable it it boots my windows install on the old sata ssd. Not sure this has to do with anything, Not sure what else to do, any help is appreciated!

Leovor

Prominent
Sep 2, 2019
You have a 2 tb sansung evo 970
and what other drives in the PC?
There is a crucial 500tb 2.5" sata ssd drive in which is my Windows installation and was my boot drive in my old system. Also there are two hdd one is a WD 2tb hdd and the other a 1tb seagate barracuda hdd