Windows registry key to delete software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed a new HD but I ran into a little problem. When I tried to install a patch for COD I did it wrong. I uninstalled the program and re-installed it then tried to set up the patch again. The problem is when I do that its still finding remenents of the first time I tried to install the patch so its aborting the install because its saying the 1.5 patch is still there even though it should not be. How can I get rid of all rements of a pervious installed software? Last time I thought someone told me to use the windows registry key but I can't remember how to do that.

Solution

I knew you could do it through the registry editor but I couldn't remember how exactly. I looked it up and it took awhile but I found out how to do it. It was pretty easy really. This is how you do it:

1) Click Start button > Run.
2) At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.
3) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
5) Click the "+" next to ACTIVISION.
6) Right-click on the CALL OF DUTY folder and select Delete.
7) Close the registry editor.

Once the registry keys are removed you have to remove the game files from your hard drive. Then re-install and it should be as if the patch never happened

I knew you could do it through the registry editor but I couldn't remember how exactly. I looked it up and it took awhile but I found out how to do it. It was pretty easy really. This is how you do it:

1) Click Start button > Run.
2) At the prompt type: REGEDIT. The registry editor will open.
3) Click the "+" next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Click the "+" next to SOFTWARE.
5) Click the "+" next to ACTIVISION.
6) Right-click on the CALL OF DUTY folder and select Delete.
7) Close the registry editor.

Once the registry keys are removed you have to remove the game files from your hard drive. Then re-install and it should be as if the patch never happened

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.