windows restart by itself.

Andrew

Please help.
My windows 2000 when turn on, before it reachs the logon
screen, it keeps on restarting over and over again. It
happen on all other boot options, do I have any other
choice beside reinstall the OS again?
Thank you

On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:28:57 -0700, "Andrew"

>Please help.
>My windows 2000 when turn on, before it reachs the logon
>screen, it keeps on restarting over and over again. It
>happen on all other boot options, do I have any other
>choice beside reinstall the OS again?
>Thank you

What did you do after the last time it booted properly? Install a new
drive?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

It just happen overnight, when I come to the computer the
next day, the computer was in sleep mode, after I moved
the mouse to wake it up I got the message stating that "
Windows has encountered an eror, you need to quit all
program and restart windows" after restart the computer,
the symptom come up, the computer keep on rebooting just
right before it get to the logon screen. I've tried all
other startup mode and get the same result.
Andrew

Andrew

This is the MS Knowledge Base article Joep is referring to:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249321

Best regards

Bjorn

"Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Please help.
>My windows 2000 when turn on, before it reachs the logon
>screen, it keeps on restarting over and over again. It
>happen on all other boot options, do I have any other
>choice beside reinstall the OS again?
>Thank you

steven

What changes were made prior to the issue? Did you install any updates or drivers? Are you familiar with how to boot to the recovery console?