Question Windows says I don't have TPM enabled but Gigabyte Vision D-P BIOS says it is

ccrocker58

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
Like the title says, I came across a notification that says my PC doesn't meet the requirements for Windows 11. Turns out, it says I don't have TPM enabled, but when I head into the bios, Security Device Support is listed as enabled. The few solutions Microsoft offered came up empty as is usually the case, and I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Well, it's a Gigabyte Vision D-P but...I made a fool of myself as I somehow completely missed the option to enable AMD fTPM that was listed directly above the option that showed me Security Device Support. Enabled it and all is good now. So...sorry about that.
Curious but...are you running the latest BIOS for your motherboard? I'm to understand mfr's enable fTPM by default now in order to be Windows 11 "compatible".

On the other hand, if they'd just all follow a similar way of enabling these options it would probably be less troublesome to more easily get it right. I've had a bear of a time getting my B450 system into UEFI mode with Secure Boot enabled after BIOS updates just because it's so picky about the process.

Last edited:

ccrocker58

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
Curious but...are you running the latest BIOS for your motherboard? I'm to understand mfr's enable fTPM by default now in order to be Windows 11 "compatible".

On the other hand, if they'd just all follow a similar way of enabling these options it would probably be less troublesome to more easily get it right. I've had a bear of a time getting my B450 system into UEFI mode with Secure Boot enabled after BIOS updates just because it's so picky about the process.

It is at the most current BIOS version, and honestly, I have no idea why this board didn't have it on by default. The B550-E Gaming that this board replaced had it enabled by default, as did my old B450-F Gaming that predates Win 11 by quite a while, so I have no idea what the deal is here.