Question Windows screen magnifier.

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,

I’m looking for a little guidance as I’m not sure where to post a question like this or even what website/forum to visit. Any suggestions either to solve my issue or where to post such a question would be greatly appreciated.

This may sound a bit convoluted but I will try to explain my concern. I’m looking for a small portion of the screen magnifier program that will allow me to place the magnifier box in a fixed position on the screen and magnify what’s covered.

I have been using Spotify for quite some time but as always they again updated their app and now does not function as I am accustomed – very disappointing. One of my issues is it is difficult for me to see the current length of song time display which is at the very bottom of the screen. As such, I would like to place a small magnifier over the time stamp so to more easily view it. However, in order to not cover much of the Spotify window, the magnifier box should be quite small (maybe a ½-inch square), only encompassing the small time stamp.

As long as Spotify is open full screen (i.e., maximized), the time stamp is always displayed in the same location on the screen. Therefore, if there is a magnifier program that would open in a fixed location (i.e., over the time stamp) would be perfect.

Thanks,
Steve K.

gardenman

Splendid
See if this one will work. It's free. Install it and right click on the icon in the tray and choose Dynamic mode. Then you can press Ctrl+Alt+M to set the position. It also has different sizes.

EssKayKay

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
See if this one will work. It's free. Install it and right click on the icon in the tray and choose Dynamic mode. Then you can press Ctrl+Alt+M to set the position. It also has different sizes.

Thanks for the suggestion GardenMan. This is close but still doesn’t do quite what I was looking for. I simply want to place the magnifier in a fixed position on the screen and magnify what is underneath it.

I did find another program which is close but it too is not quite there. It’s called Magnifying Glass Pro by a company called WorkersCollection.com. The program is quite old. I tried contacting them but nothing so far.
http://www.workerscollection.com/wco...ml/mg_pro.html

Again, my thanks - much appreciated,
Steve K.