[SOLVED] Windows showing resolution higher than possible.

Jun 7, 2020
I have a old samsung monitor of 1366*768 resolution and recently i bought a RTX 2070 super gfx card. I had to use a adapter to make it work with my monitor(so far it works ok np) The thing is windows 10 shows me resolution far higher than my monitor would support like 1080p, 4k etc. That in itself is no issue. The thing is many case when i install and run a new game for the first time fullscreen game switches to 1080p resolution and it causes sever input lag. I have to then change in-game resolution to my native resolution and sign out of my pc to solve the input lag. Is there anyway to make sure games wont behave that way and make windows show my native resolution as my highest?

Solution
Seems the adapter you got is causing the system to not see the monitor capability properly. Fix would be to get a newer monitor with the newer connection. Using that monitor on that card is silly anyway. You can find used newer 1080 good quality screens for very cheap, I've seen 22-24" monitors for about $30.
Seems the adapter you got is causing the system to not see the monitor capability properly. Fix would be to get a newer monitor with the newer connection. Using that monitor on that card is silly anyway. You can find used newer 1080 good quality screens for very cheap, I've seen 22-24" monitors for about $30.

Solution