[SOLVED] Windows shows 100% CPU usage when closed but it decreases to 4-5 when I open task manager?

Starninja49

Commendable
Sep 12, 2020
Windows 10 show 100% CPU usage when closed but it decreases to 4-5% when I open task manager? How do I fix it?

Ive installed new Windows, wiped everything but still when i open my task manager the cpu usage goes to 100% .

I dont know what to do or what the problem might be ive started a custom scan with everything checked on malwarebytes.as quick scan didnt get anything.

Solution
If this is a fresh install it could just be windows update (and such) running in the background. Many of the automatic tasking in Windows happens while the CPU is under little to no usage, IE like you aren't using it, and then will stop when it detects you are.

If this is a super fresh install let it run a (few days) and see if it doesn't slow down.

Other things to check within the Windows enviro.
Turn off all the background apps you don't need. Go into all your browsers and tell them not to run in the background.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If this is a fresh install it could just be windows update (and such) running in the background. Many of the automatic tasking in Windows happens while the CPU is under little to no usage, IE like you aren't using it, and then will stop when it detects you are.

If this is a super fresh install let it run a (few days) and see if it doesn't slow down.

Other things to check within the Windows enviro.
Turn off all the background apps you don't need. Go into all your browsers and tell them not to run in the background.

Solution