[SOLVED] Windows Stuck Loading After CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ks

Aug 6, 2020
I recently upgraded from a 2600x to a 3600, I installed the f51 drivers while on the 2600x then swapped to the 3600. Windows loads and the animation plays forever. I can get to the bios menu and the windows troubleshooting menu. I have run the windows start troubleshooter but it didnt do anything. I did clear my cmos before, but i was able to launch windows on the 2600x with cmos cleared.

System Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x/3600
RTX 2070 Windforce
2x8gb some hyperX ram (ddr4)
x470 Aorus ultra gaming

Edit: I just tried launching it in safe mode and it did work, not sure where to go from there though.

Solution
Did you reinstall Windows after installing the new CPU? Any such changes will frequently require a refresh to setup the new hardware. Just because the processor is in the same family does not automatically guarantee that it will work without a Windows reinstall.
Did you reinstall Windows after installing the new CPU? Any such changes will frequently require a refresh to setup the new hardware. Just because the processor is in the same family does not automatically guarantee that it will work without a Windows reinstall.

Solution

0ks

Aug 6, 2020
it does work in safe mode though should I still try a fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.