Windows stuck on logo screen

Eric Ralphs

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
So I had recently purchased a 120g Samsung Evo SSD as well as a brand new EBGA Geforce GTX 970 graphics card. I threw it all together and got windows onto my SSD and everything was working fine until I install the driver for my 970, after the restart my screen just gets stuck at the blue windows logo screen. I've created a system restore to right before this point to go back and test and it still works as long as I dont have that driver on. I have also tried installing the driver that came with the card and the same thing happens. Any ideas from the community on what else I could try? I was up for about 7 hours working on this with my friend and I just really want to get to the bottom of this! Thanks for any help!

Do you have the latest motherboard bios installed? My brother had an older board (p67 chipset for i5 2500k) that need the latest bios to work properly with his r9 290. This may be your issue.

Also, what card did you have before the GTX970? Did you remove the previous drivers properly? A regular uninstall of the drivers sometimes leaves registry files that can conflict with the new hardware. If this could be the case then run this program in SAFE MODE, and remove all drivers related to your original and current video card.

DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

After running this program through in safe mode, install the latest driver for your current card.