Windows thinks my DVI-D monitor is my main

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
As you can see from the screenshot, Windows settings is seeing my main monitor (connected with HDMI) as Screen 1. Nvidia Settings also takes it as monitor one. However, when using the quick menu on the right hand "Project", windows thinks that my main screen is monitor number 2 and monitor 2 (connected with DVI-D active converter) as monitor 1. Has anyone seen this or knows a way to fix it?

https://imgur.com/a/Zj9hRVa

EDIT: I was able to diagnose some stuff by trial and error. It seems the problem is sourced by my active DVI-D to VGA adapter. When removed, HDMI is seen as PC Screen on Win+P panel. However when the adapter is inserted, HDMI is pushed to being the second screen on Win+P panel.

Solution
The numbers don't indicate which screen is primary and which screen is secondary, they are just arbitrary numbers assigned so you know which display is which in the diagram.

The display that you check the box "make this my primary display" is your primary display.

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014

Thanks for notifying, I updated the picture link. I am able to diagnose some stuff by trial and error. It seems the problem is sourced by my active DVI-D to VGA adapter. When removed, HDMI is seen as PC Screen on Win+P. However when the adapter is inserted, HDMI is pushed to being the second screen on Win+P panel. Is it possible you know a way around this?

It doesn't really matter.
As said before - use Display Settings to set your main monitor.
2016-08-05__114329.jpg

limb0ist

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014

Did that but still Win-P panel thinks that my HDMI is Secondary Screen

The numbers don't indicate which screen is primary and which screen is secondary, they are just arbitrary numbers assigned so you know which display is which in the diagram.

The display that you check the box "make this my primary display" is your primary display.

Solution