Question Windows update bricked my pc and my pc is in startup repair, please help

Sai Prathik

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
Hello, yesterday night when i shut down my pc, it asked for "update and shut down" and i clicked it

Today morning my pc started by saying diagnosing pc and attempting repair, i tried to reset my pc from the recovery mode but it said reseting pc failed.

Now i put the genuine windows 8 cd in my pc and in my bios i selected dvd drive for booting as 1st priority, but my pc is going back to the recovery mode i.e startup repair

What do u guys think problem is
What should i do, please help
I really appreciate any help

Sai Prathik

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2014
But i tried all options in windows recovery mode , i.e system restore, system image restore, reset pc without and with removing the data.

Actually now i am trying to install windows 8 , but it is saying " a media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a dvd usb or hard disk driver" what should i do

Thanks for ur help guys, really appreciate it

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Were you using any drive encryption software?

Things are looking, more and more, like a completely clean install is where you're heading.

You should connect what is the system drive in the troubled machine as an external drive to another and extract any precious data you might want to keep (if you don't already have a regular backup protocol in place and already have the data backed up).

TRENDING THREADS