Question Windows update failing due to no internet, but I can access net with browser

Beckent

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
I have a MSI laptop. Windows 10. I try to run Windows updates and am told there is no network connection. I can access and search with Chrome and Firefox. I did notice it automatically tries to connect to wireless. Updates don’t work with wireless either. Keeps showing the wireless symbol in the taskbar. I disable that and it shows Ethernet connected. But when I go to the network settings, it shows not connected. I run troubleshooter and then says fix the problem as Admin and to restart the system. Still cannot update. Under network connections it shows Bluetooth, Killer Ethernet adapter, Kaspersky Enthernet, and wireless. I’ve disabled the Kaspersky Ethernet and wireless. Tried disabling the Firewalls and that didn’t work either. I’m in the process of running anti-malware programs hoping it’s just that. But my mind keeps itching it’s something else.

Ralston18

Titan
After disabling wireless and enabling wired (Ethernet) did you go into the Ethernet adapter's (Killer Ethernet adapter) and check that the network adapter's configuration settings are correct for your network and router?

Suggestions:

Try another known working Ethernet cable.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt.