Windows Virtualization Comes To Chromebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not what most would call virtualization on Chrome. This is simply a remote access application connecting to a virtual copy of Windows running on a server. This is no different than what I can do at home with VNC.

CajunMoses

Distinguished
May 12, 2016
I don't understand. I use Chrome Remote Desktop to view my Windows PC's Desktop whenever I feel the need. Is this supposed to be more like when I use Citrix Receiver to access one of the virtual terminal sessions that my company has configured as Windows Desktops, except that this is somehow specially packaged for schools?

I don't understand. I use Chrome Remote Desktop to view my Windows PC's Desktop whenever I feel the need. Is this supposed to be more like when I use Citrix Receiver to access one of the virtual terminal sessions that my company has configured as Windows Desktops, except that this is somehow specially packaged for schools?
I think that about sums it up. A rather misleading article title here at Tom's. . .

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Miss-use of the virtualization buzzword as often, this chrome feature is nothing more than RDP. Years ago, you could already use the same method to fool people by making them believe that you just installed Windows on an iPad... nothing new here ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.