[SOLVED] Windows wakes up from sleep when I turn off other appliances

Jan 27, 2019
After I put my PC to sleep, turning on/off other stuff in the room like the subwoofer or even the AC unit makes it wake up from sleep. It's as if the change in the power draw causes it to wake up. I had specifically configurated it in a way that only the power button can wake it up from sleep.

Naturally, this problem can be circumvented if I turn off the other appliances before putting the PC to sleep but what's really causing this behaviour in the first place, and could it be harming my computer? Is it common?

Solution
It's a bit unusual but its nothing to really worry about, your pc and Windows is seeing the voltage spike/drop you get when you turn something off on the same circuit and thinks it's your power button being pressed ( has the same effect on voltage to the mobo). A better PSU or an AC line conditioner may eliminate the power problems.

racksmith101

Respectable
It's a bit unusual but its nothing to really worry about, your pc and Windows is seeing the voltage spike/drop you get when you turn something off on the same circuit and thinks it's your power button being pressed ( has the same effect on voltage to the mobo). A better PSU or an AC line conditioner may eliminate the power problems.

Solution