Windows wont boot, I just get BSOD tcpip.sys

Brian99

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
So ive been dealing with a problem for a few days where windows would be stuck in a automatic repair loop. I disabled it with command and then it would give me a bsod tcpip.sys error so I went into command and did the netsh int command thinking it would fix it. It didnt fix it. Then I looked closer to my error report and it said bootres.dll was corrupt to so I ran chdsk f r to see if that would fix it but it found nothing. So now im stuck. What can I do?

Solution
Safe mode is not a requirement for system restore.

If your PC won't start and you haven't created a recovery drive, download installation media and use it to restore from a system restore point or reset your PC.

On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and then run it.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.
On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, then select Next. If you...
Safe mode is not a requirement for system restore.

If your PC won't start and you haven't created a recovery drive, download installation media and use it to restore from a system restore point or reset your PC.

On a working PC, go to the Microsoft software download website.
Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and then run it.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.
On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, then select Next. If you don't see the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, then try again.
Select Repair your computer.
On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can:
Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files.
Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Solution