[SOLVED] Windows Wont Boot [SOLVED]

Jan 27, 2019
I hope someone here can help me, as at the moment I have no clue how to fix this problem after hours of troubleshooting.

WARNING: Its a long one

So i bought a 500gb Crucial ssd to transfer my main Samsung 250gb to. I cloned the contents of the Samsung onto the Crucial using Macrium Reflect. After it had finished I moved the Crucial to the Sata port that the Samsung was connected. And yes I did configure my load bios. But everytime I tried to boot off the Clone I would recieve the error "Reboot and select proper boot device". So after trying to get that eorking I gave up and put my original Samsung ssd back in the original port. Only to get the same error message. So after googling for hours I came to the conclusion that I needed to activate the windows partition on the Samsung. I did this by using command prompt from my windows install usb. But this left me with another problem. "Windows failed to start, hardware or software change might be the problem". So i tried folloeing various guides on how to solve this problem through command promps. Only to find when I used the "bootrec/fixboot" and some other commands I would receive "element not found". This led me to believe that a certain partition was deleted?

The error im recieving gives me this info:

File:\Boot\BCD
Info: the boot configuration Data for your Pc is missing or contains errors

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a lot of programs and licensed applications that I dont wont to reinstall. I just eont to get back to my original ssd state and possibly complete the migration successfully.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Solution
I figured it out,
I installed windows on an empty drive so I could get into my computer, then I found that it could not boot because the system reserved partition was missing. So I recovered the system partition using recovery software then added that to the allocated spot for the partition. Then windows was able to boot and repair off the drive.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
You clearly have a corrupt image. Isn't exactly clear how you are trying to do this though. I have cloned many drives with success. HDD and SSD's. They have always worked for me. Some where in your process something is clearly wrong or corrupt. You are probably out of luck short of a clean install.

Jan 27, 2019
I figured it out,
I installed windows on an empty drive so I could get into my computer, then I found that it could not boot because the system reserved partition was missing. So I recovered the system partition using recovery software then added that to the allocated spot for the partition. Then windows was able to boot and repair off the drive.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS