windows wont boot up

Burak_6

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
recently my pc stopped working. after turning it on, the bios icon shows up, it makes a beep sound as usual, but after that, its just a black screen.

i have tried pressing F2 and F12 but it wont direct me to setup no matter how many times i press it.

i thought the gpu might be the problem but when i turn it on, the fans are running. i also tried to run the windows cd to reinstall but that wont boot either.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
have you tried this...

shutdown your pc. unplug your power cable. press your power button for 15 secs. attach your vga cable to your motherboard and not your gpu. remove your gpu. remove all your ram but leave 1 stick behind. remove all your usb devices. attach your kyeboard/mouse to the ps/2 port in the rear or the usb port on the top most of your rear panel. reattach your power plug. switch on.

press f2/del to enter your bios. or just let it run till windows. let us know if this works.

Burak_6

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
unfortunately the motherboard has no individual vga port. i do however have an another gpu that i didnt use and i tried that on. the results didnt change.

Burak_6

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
thx for the link, i had no idea it could be a alienware specific problem. i unplugged everything including gpu and hdd and it allowed me acces to the setup, from there i tryied booting it up. it still didnt boot up. after the windows screen , i got the blue screen of death and it repeated rebooting continiously in this pattern.
the hdd was at raid mode. after changing it to ahci, it booted up. everything is working now

thx alot for the help and a happy new year :)