Question Windows won't install a driver for my xbox360 wireless controller since updating from win7

May 25, 2020
Hey all,

I have a 360 wireless xbox 360 controller, which works with my pc using a wireless adapter through usb.

I've been using it for years daily, using windows 7.

I recently updated to windows 10, and now it doesn't work.

Device manager shows it as "unknown decive".

I tried updating windows, plugging it to another usb port, restarting, updating driver using the "let me find" option on device manager, uninstalling xbox 360 accessories...nothing works :(

4c918ead-935e-4076-96e7-6fc038407f2e

But when I press ok - it still shows as an unknown device...

It does work with my laptop running win10, and with this pc using my old win7 installation.

Any idea what else can be done?

May 25, 2020
Update Driver -> Browse My Computer[...] -> Let me Pick[...] -> Select Xbox Peripherals -> Select Newest Driver for the Controller.

That's the only thing I got so far.
That's exactly what I did, as seen in the picture. But when I press ok - it still shows as an unknown device...

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
Sorry, for not answering sooner, was eating and "accidentally" lost myself in Vikings. :)

Rule #40 Section II, after installing the driver, you held both the controller and adapter pairing button for 3 seconds or more, yes?

May 25, 2020
Sorry, for not answering sooner, was eating and "accidentally" lost myself in Vikings. :)

Rule #40 Section II, after installing the driver, you held both the controller and adapter pairing button for 3 seconds or more, yes?
It's okay and understanable, I am now challenging you to a duel as I couldn't make it past season 1.

I did just that I'm afraid, as well 😟

May 25, 2020
Try to delete driver, unplug Xbox 360 controller, wait a bit thenplug it back, it should reinstall the drivers and maybe it will work.
im not sure and i cant try it cause i have a different brand of that jyostick
Hi Max, done that .. actually about 30 times. Afraid not 😫