Windows won't start normally, only in safe mode

G

Hello

I'm having trouble getting Windows 7 to start normally. Whenever I power on the computer and let Windows start it hangs at the Windows loading screen. There are no error messages, it just freezes. I can boot into Safe Mode just fine, I'm using Safe Mode with networking right now. I've tried Startup Repair and Last Known Good Configuration but neither of those fixed it.

I've also tried re-installing Windows 7 twice: After the first re-installation I downloaded the AMD Catalyst Driver, installed it, rebooted the computer and it went back to crashing. I figured graphics may be the problem.

After re-installing Windows a second time, I didn't download anything but Windows Updates (159 updates at once). After rebooting the computer, same problem....Windows froze at Startup.

I'm really unsure as to what the problem is. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Here are my Specs:

Manufacturer: iBuyPower Computers
CPU: AMD FX-1400
RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 802MHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A87
Graphics Card: 1024MB ATI AMD Raedon HD 6800 Series (2 of them)
Storage: Seagate 931GB ST310005 24AS SATA
Western Digital 558GB WDC WD60 00HLHX-01JJPV0 SATA

Frog1970

Reputable
Oct 23, 2014
I have a customer experiencing the same problem on 2 different systems. 1 workstation and 1 laptop. Both after updating Windows 7 via Windows updates.

Did the OP also update his Windows 7 in the last days? If so, it looks like there is a Windows update around there killing this machines