WINDOWS XP assistance needed .

May 15, 2018
nordleadNov 27, 2011, 7:29 PM wrote:
If you have a copy of XP, just try copying the .exe to the Windows 7 PC. It'll probably work since I believe all the resources are embedded in the exe and you don't need any extra files. Easiest way to find it (probably under the System32 folder) is to right-click the shortcut and select properties. Then click the "open file location" button, or just open an explorer window and navigate to where the "target" is.

#1.

I would like to be able to play the old windows xp version of spider solitaire on my new Dell Windows 7 pc. How do I do this?I don't understand what "Nordlead" says to do, or where to find system 32, or XP.exe.

#2.

I would like to be able to play 32 bit games, specifically 'obversity' (from www.psychogoldfish.com).

I have installed (apparently, lol) Widows Virtual PC and Windows Hardware assisted virtualization detection tool. However, I don't know how to use it. I thought it would help me play 32 bit games on my 64 windows 7 professional pc. When I open the tool, a black computer screen appears with:

"Reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device".

What does this mean? What do I do?

Also, can anyone tell me how to make my tabs open into new separate windows, rather than in separate tabs? When I click on a link, it opens into a new window, but each subsequent link click opens the link in the same window. I want to have individual windows. How do I do this, please?

I am trying to learn.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you!

Solution
You know way too little for what you want...

I am sure you'll find "Spider Solitaire" in Microsoft Store - even made from Microsoft.

As for "Virtual Machines" - what you did up to now is just to have a PC without any OS installed. When you start your (virtual) PC, there is no OS to boot from, so as on every other PC, you get the message "Reboot and select..."

You need to install legally activated copy of Windows XP inside that virtual machine, as you would do on any other PC.
You know way too little for what you want...

I am sure you'll find "Spider Solitaire" in Microsoft Store - even made from Microsoft.

As for "Virtual Machines" - what you did up to now is just to have a PC without any OS installed. When you start your (virtual) PC, there is no OS to boot from, so as on every other PC, you get the message "Reboot and select..."

You need to install legally activated copy of Windows XP inside that virtual machine, as you would do on any other PC.

Solution