Windows XP Home CD

Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
Gen3 systems?

"Wayne" <Ole@sealake.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if DELL ships OEM CD for Windows XP home on the new XPS
>Gen3 systems?

Right now you're in "Ya's places your order and ya's takes your
chances" territory. As outlined on current discussions in this
newsgroup, Dell has announced that they are replacing the CD with
a "restore" partition on the HD to take your Dell back to it's
factory release configuration.

And people have reported receiving machines with that partition
on it. While still receiving the Windows XP CD also.

The last such report - receiving the XP CD with a new Dell - was
within the last day or two.

If it were me placing the order, I'd configure/price the machine
on the web site, save the configuration/quote on the website [at
least you could do that two+ years ago when I ordered my 4400],
then call the order in to the Dell 800 number. Refer to your
stored configuration, confirm the pricing [in the event, I got a
better deal over the phone], and specify that you want the
Windows XP CD.
--
OJ III