Question Windows XP installation blue screen

Nov 3, 2019
Hello guys. I tryed to install windows xp on my slow old laptop but when CD starts to load data, after few minutes it show me blue screen with these errors: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.). I searched on interned for solution and I found something to change IDE emulation. But in my bios is not this option. Do you know what to do with it?

USAFRet

Titan
Laptop model is ASUS Eee PC 1201N.
It was bought with a license of windows 7 home premium, but is really slow with it.

How much RAM is in it?
What do you use it for?

It is a small slow system. While XP might be a bit better, it is highly unwise to run XP on a native system. It is long out of date, and susceptible to all sorts of malware and infections.
NOT recommended for use in a system that is directly connected to the outside world.

Nov 3, 2019

How much RAM is in it?
What do you use it for?

It is a small slow system. While XP might be a bit better, it is highly unwise to run XP on a native system. It is long out of date, and susceptible to all sorts of malware and infections.
NOT recommended for use in a system that is directly connected to the outside world.
I want to use this system only for home use. I want to run some old games on it. And it is 4 GB of RAM installed.

Nov 3, 2019
That Atom processor is the main limfac.

Better performance or not, I would not use XP as its OS.
Yeah, sure, but I really want to install xp on it. It will be not connected to internet. But that error is really frustrating. Do you know what to do with it?

Edit: I know it would be better to use pre-installed windows 7....

Last edited: