Windows XP Phone Runs AMD CPU (Specs, Video)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If there was an APPLE sticker on it, the press minions would be ranting and raving, heaping on endless amounts of praise...

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Only if it was half the size would I even consider it. The iPhone I have already pushes the size boundary of what is tolerable. It has to fit in my shirt pocket without tearing it off.

Joelyyyy

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
[citation][nom]sublifer[/nom]Why is the dude in the video just pressing enter the whole time? Is that just a powerpoint slideshow of what the thing looks like?[/citation]

If you look at the diagram above the, that is a touchpad, not enter.
Joelyyyy

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
4.8" screen is probably a bit small for XP. Have a phone OS for using phone and basic Office functions and ask the user if they want to boot into XP when the phone detects an external display.

Also would need support for bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

But yeah, a phone that doubles as a simple PC. Just not a phone that IS a PC.

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
This is off topic, but shouldn't there be a better key layout for two-thumb typing than qwerty? qwerty was designed with two hands and ten fingers in mind...

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]sublifer[/nom]Why is the dude in the video just pressing enter the whole time? Is that just a powerpoint slideshow of what the thing looks like?[/citation]
He's not pressing enter. He's using the touchpad. Look where his left thumb is - on the mouse button.

Finally a smart phone that makes sense to me. I always find the interfaces of smart phones really unintuitive and clunky. Haven't tried an iphone, I am afraid I'll love it and be unable to own anything else.too expensive..

well, I suppose the xp phone will be outrageous at first. Looks like microsoft will have an even harder time getting rid of xp now. People keep coming up with great uses for it, could be the most versatile OS ever!

G

gonna be so many crazy viruses i would not wanna deal with on a mobile phone. haha. ill stick with my droid and leave windows for my laptop and desktop.

Mike00

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I am more then sure this is just a prototype, I mean there are some discrepancies with the design compared to the phone itself, first I did not like how thick the white edges are around the LCD and if you look at the design they are not as wide and some how seems a bit more slim, the LCD at the bottom reaches the first of the keypad buttons while on the video and barely makes it to the thumbpad.

Now this will be mostly for business people and that is where the big bucks are, and it is why Black Berry does better then iPhone (It's to much of a toy and there is no real place in business except top executives that buy it for themselves), the business industry especially government they get these phones to increase production, imagine being able to work on your presentations directly on your phone the same way you do on your computer or any excel sheets or documents that need to be handed in on a deadline on your phone and not have to worry about bringing out a laptop on a bus or a plain and bothering the passenger next to you with your elbows or because when the other guy needs the bathroom you need to lift the laptop off your lap in order to move your legs or stand up to let him/her out. I am sure there will be a huge market for it soon enough once it is finalized properly.

G

Garbage! I will never buy something that comes directly from a Chinese company. I wonder how many viruses and rootkits are installed so that they can steal from all the idiots who buy one.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
looks clunky and why the hell do I want Windows XP on my phone? What, just to get the chance to say, my phone died ... it blue screen on me!! o_O?

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
well I would abandon my phone for such product if it was a phone in the first place, and from what I can see it isn't! it is too big and too heavy, I mean come on! a 400g phone! you have to be a full grown elephant to appreciate this!
This thing is a mini laptop at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS