News Windows XP Source Code Reportedly Posted to 4chan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
No one would waste his time making Nvidia RTX drivers , forget it ... Hackintosh people did not even bother with very large community that wants Nvidia to work on Hackintosh , they simply switched into AMD for native drivers support.

Linux as well , no one is bothering making his own drivers , it is just too hard to make.

Chipsets drivers are easier to make , but still with the lack of UEFI bios support on win XP , it will need emulation , and no one would waste his time for a dead system.
Nobody said anything about Nvidia RTX drivers son. There is more to life, a LOT more, than JUST what revolves around gaming scenarios. FAR more users and machines out there that are NOT for gaming, than those that are.

Reactions: Gussv

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
You may be forget than Microsoft since W3.11 copy/paste this code OS after OS. It's why you receive same error message than 20 years ago or the window not change same error message. This code is too big and not enough devs and can't code all from scratch.
So probably a lot of security issues these next months.

Actually XP was a cut and paste from Windows NT.
Win Me was the last of the DOS windows.
I still think they should have released the DOS based Windows code years ago.

nings

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018
After Heartbleed, I'm starting to think open source offers little more than an illusion of security. People assume security checks are done just because the code is available. The notion that sophisticated work would get done without people getting paid is sort of crazy, really.

Found due to open source this type of issue can stay hidden in closed code for years or just lifetime. A team of XX devs can't think and check all. Everyone can look open source and all should be solved one day or another. Closed source can stay until distributed like XP :)
The best thing with open source you can continue to secure old hardware device unsupported by the official manufacturer like ddwrt for the wireless device can continue to have support and have last security update. Or Android if chip manufacturer continue to update their driver for support new version.