[SOLVED] Windows XP USB Boot Problem

Robel Mekonnen

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2015
Hello I have an old Dell PC that wont boot. When the PC loads up after the Dell logo it gives me options like boot from Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Last Known Good Configuration that worked, Start Windows Normally. After choosing all the options I get a blue screen for a second and the PC restarts. I tried booting Windows XP through an ISO on a USB Flash Drive by changing the boot order so USB drive is first but I get an error that says something like press any key to boot from usb drive. Then says can't read. I put the XP ISO on the usb drive through Rufus. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Robel Mekonnen

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2015
Ok I got the USB to boot to windows xp setup screen and chose the repair option. Now when I try to type in the windows command it says the command is not recognized. Also I dont know why my file path on the screen is C:\> and not C:\

Robel Mekonnen

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2015
I entered the command C:\>CHKDSK and it said CHKDSK found one or more errors on the volume. Now I entered C:\>CHKDSK C: /R to try and repair it, I'll let you know what happens when its completed.