Windows10 CPU Usage too High, Help?

Christian_41

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
So, I bought a new gaming computer last summer. and two or three weeks ago I recieved a blue screen of death. (ERROR: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL) after clean re-install of windows, and deleting a windows security update, so i could update my corrupted monitor driver, and then re-updated the Windows, All seemed to work. But now my CPU is high usage all the time. never below 70%. I have 8GB of Ram, and AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor. if there is any additional information needed, I will gladly provide. The highest users of my CPU that I can see so far are: System and compressed memory (Usually around 15-20%) and Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) (11) (Usually ranging from 15-30%) and under details TiWorker.exe (Usually 20%) Leaving little to no CPU for me to play games on. I have tried cleaning it out, turning it off and unplugging it for a day and just leaving it.) But, Before the crash it worked fine. Thanks for any help

Solution
Open Task Manager and see what is consuming resources - especially CPU. See what is being started up.

msconfig will show you what is being started at boot time.

Performance Monitor, Resource Monitor, and the computer logs (via Event Viewer) will show you what is running.

You need to look at those services and processes to deterimine if they should be running. Investigate anything that seems inappropriate and stop the process/service to see if CPU usage drops.

Do not react at first: just explore and study until you deterimine what may be amiss. Then stop that process or service.

Ralston18

Titan
Open Task Manager and see what is consuming resources - especially CPU. See what is being started up.

msconfig will show you what is being started at boot time.

Performance Monitor, Resource Monitor, and the computer logs (via Event Viewer) will show you what is running.

You need to look at those services and processes to deterimine if they should be running. Investigate anything that seems inappropriate and stop the process/service to see if CPU usage drops.

Do not react at first: just explore and study until you deterimine what may be amiss. Then stop that process or service.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS