windows7 windows explorer crash

mikey1871

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
yes, for the past 4 days 50% of the time that i open up windows explorer to get to my "Downloads" folder i get a stupid error message stating that windows explorer has crashed and it needs to close. I not only loose that aspect, but it also crashes my NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Ccleaner monitoring and my Logitech Gaming software 8.76.155
Is there a really reliable program to fix the breakdown of dll's in windows because of the old notion of windows self destructing itself over time because of the constant opening and closing of files in the windows OS?

Solution
No viruses. I checked for them, spyware and malware before i started this thread. I'd say it started about 2-3 days ago.
Nope, this is the only thing behaving weird. I had asked an IT friend and he said that he hasn't heard of windows explorer crashing in a very long time.

But then again, this has only came up since the last major update that occurred last week. There were those 14 updates around the 8-9th of this month.

I did notice that Utorrent wouldn't work correctly yesterday at all. Then this morning it would work as it's supposed and has for about a year.

Modern games function as they should. you tube works as it should.

mikey1871

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
No viruses. I checked for them, spyware and malware before i started this thread. I'd say it started about 2-3 days ago.
Nope, this is the only thing behaving weird. I had asked an IT friend and he said that he hasn't heard of windows explorer crashing in a very long time.

But then again, this has only came up since the last major update that occurred last week. There were those 14 updates around the 8-9th of this month.

I did notice that Utorrent wouldn't work correctly yesterday at all. Then this morning it would work as it's supposed and has for about a year.

Modern games function as they should. you tube works as it should.

Solution