Windows8 won't start anymore. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

danieleratti1992

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Hi to all, my windows8 won't start anymore after many months of use.
It shows me many horizontal noisy lines and it says me in a blue screen with a smile ":(": KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

When i tried to boot while pressing ALT+F8 it plays a loud long "beepeeepeeepeep", shows:
"preparating for automatic restore", noisy lines, blue screen with smile ":(" and restart automatically from zero.

How can i understand which is the problem?
I thought could be the RAM broken. Possible? Tomorrow i'll try to replace it.
Thanks to all.
Daniele

Solution

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE means that you have critical data corruption. The fact that your system won't start up after doing a clean reboot seems to indicate that you might have disk...

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
This is normally cause by either malicious code or bad drivers, but can potentially be bad RAM too.

Can you boot into safe mode?

How to boot into safe mode in Windows 8 - http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

danieleratti1992

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I haven't installed any driver these days, and i don't understand the noise horizontal stripes all over the screen after some seconds from the appearing of win8 logo.
I'll try both boot in safe mode and replace the ram. Thank you.
I'll keep you updated

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I speed read and did not see about the lines across your screen sorry. Do you have a graphics card? Not many other things would cause lines across the screen. Maybe worth removing it and using the on-board graphics to test (if you have them).

Also what kind of motherboard do you have? Might be able to find what that beep code means.

geok

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE means that you have critical data corruption. The fact that your system won't start up after doing a clean reboot seems to indicate that you might have disk corruption, or it could be faulty RAM causing it. (Were it simply corruption caused by something that happened while the system was running, rebooting ought to have fixed it by reinitializing everything!)

Is there any way to scan your disk? Did you try replacing the RAM?

Unfortunately, issues with the disk are more problematic, as it could be an issue with the filesystem, which chkdsk could fix, or a problem with the drive itself, which, well, is a problem! :(

Please tell me you have your system backed up!

Solution
Nov 5, 2013

one of the modules on your Ram is faulty or you have system file corruption ... it is easy these days for ram to go bad.... since they have been making them smaller and smaller throughout the years! and it takes less frequency transfer/heat to damage them!

1. change out ram with Known Good Part

2. Check disk could fix File Corruption

3. Try going into your UEFI/troubleshoot and choose the option that restores/rolls back SS Data.

alternatively you could go into msconfig/boot and check safe boot and select minimal for standard safe mode... and see if it boots from there. if so its not your ram... it is a system file that needs repair... and this most likely will save you money.

btw: try Holding SHIFT+F8 in boot before any screen pops up.... they way they made this file system prevents us from being capable from pressing any Fkey during boot... but the shift key slows this process down... when the boot process is up and running checks

drganesh

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
hi frnds this is ganesh...
hey dude previously i also got almost same prob but with win 7...the same beep and same horiz line on screen and after a deep search ..i got found a prob in gpu ...(as gpu failure)..mine is nvidia 8400 series graphics..
after replacement ..it got settled...i think once chk the gpu related issues.also...

thankyou
ganesh

PhobosUK

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
This is to do with faulty driver that attempts to load on startup, this is a massive fail by windows and its poor attempt at kernel security I have had this twice, once with a logitech driver that windows didn't like, mini dumps when I finally got in proved it and now doing it again and I cannot get in. This is no disk corruption or anything else just a driver that windows doesn't like or feels not compatible.

If you can get in save mode disable all in startup or see if you can get a copy of the minidump and use debugging tools. You will see

Massive pain in the A!

Simon