Winners of Our AMD Overclocking Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Those are incredible clocks but ive always demanded that overclocking have a practical application. Even Water cooling is cumbersome and obtrusive. Ive got a huge air cooling Heatsink and have a core 2 running at 4.1Ghz 24/7 so i dont quite see the significance of this beyond bragging rights.

G

Thanks guys! I originally tried liquid nitrogen with this setup but I ran into a slew of issues with the system locking up around -135 Celsius. Looking forward to flying to LA, I've got a stack of boards that function at -196 Celsius, maybe we can post up some killer results.

Chris Morrell

The Third Level

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
[citation][nom]mcnuggetofdeath[/nom]Those are incredible clocks but ive always demanded that overclocking have a practical application. Even Water cooling is cumbersome and obtrusive. Ive got a huge air cooling Heatsink and have a core 2 running at 4.1Ghz 24/7 so i dont quite see the significance of this beyond bragging rights.[/citation]

But that's exactly it. Bragging rights.

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I'm surprised they only listed 1 non-competing winner, because I was one myself, and I also got a 4870 x2 to replace my 9600GT. Unfortunately, I had to upgrade to a 750 watt power supply in order to install it though...but happy to get a $400 video card!

Status
Not open for further replies.