Winners of the Upgrading and Repairing PCs Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]tipmen[/nom]I wish that girl was a prize anyways congrats guys on winning.[/citation]
Pedophilia much? She looks like a kid from middle school.

Congratz to the winners. I'm sure they will make use of the knowledge and information that is to learn from the book.

lp231

Splendid
The HSF she's holding is from the Pentium !!! days, socket 370. I remember that time when I saw the HSF and thought that thing was humongous compared to the HSF used for socket 7. Comparing to the current HSF for Sandy Bridge, that one is quite puny, but it sure wasn't during its days. :D
And Congrats to the winners!

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]Pedophilia much? She looks like a kid from middle school.Congratz to the winners. I'm sure they will make use of the knowledge and information that is to learn from the book.[/citation]

Nah, she looks 18-20.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wiinippongamer[/nom]Nah, she looks 18-20.[/citation]
I don't see girls 18 to 20 years of age wearing overalls, eating candy, and being very thin, or at least not in the city...

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]The HSF she's holding is from the Pentium !!! days, socket 370. I remember that time when I saw the HSF and thought that thing was humongous compared to the HSF used for socket 7. Comparing to the current HSF for Sandy Bridge, that one is quite puny, but it sure wasn't during its days. And Congrats to the winners![/citation]
[citation][nom]applefairyboy[/nom]That computer still has a joystick port... hehehe.[/citation]

If you look at the motherboard, it looks like 3 PCI and one ISA slot. Tells me this picture is very old.

archer0911

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
is it sad that the first thing i noticed was the ISA slot on the mobo in front of the girl? hopefully the book covers newer tech that shown in that pic. gratz to everyone :)

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]If you look at the motherboard, it looks like 3 PCI and one ISA slot. Tells me this picture is very old.[/citation]
It looks like the MoBo has a DB25 connection (looks like it, could be different), so yeah, definitely old.

[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]Does the book cover IRQs?Does today's techies even know what IRQ means and what it does?What IRQ is link to a sound card?[/citation]
I'm positive Scott Muellers earlier versions have IRQ's. I haven't read this one so I really have no ideal on his 20th edition. I know his 9~13th editions have IRQ for sound cards and much more if you can find a copy.

ithinkthisfitshere

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]The HSF she's holding is from the Pentium !!! days, socket 370. I remember that time when I saw the HSF and thought that thing was humongous compared to the HSF used for socket 7. Comparing to the current HSF for Sandy Bridge, that one is quite puny, but it sure wasn't during its days. And Congrats to the winners![/citation]

If the only thing you saw were the mobo and procesor, i have bad news for you....

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]ithinkthisfitshere[/nom]If the only thing you saw were the mobo and procesor, i have bad news for you....[/citation]
what? are you saying he's gay or a nerd?

jjpadinske

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
I got an email saying I won! I remembered entering a Tom's Hardware contest for a PC gaming rig, I won the book that tells me how to make that rig I cannot afford :( Darn, oh well it should be a good book

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I have one from the early 90's that still covered IBM PS/2 machines.

As for the motherboard. It could be a AMD K6/pentium board from late 90's Notice it only has 1 USB port.

As for the girl. My friends daughter is 20 and looks like the girl.

G

Scott needs to add a revision to his books, lollipops and computer innards dont mix

as a side note, the last time something that pretty came that close to the insides of my PC resulted in a forced upgrade to my motherboard and RAM sticks......

Status
Not open for further replies.