WINS under Win2k

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi, what will happen with WINS when I upgrade WinNT4 to Win2k server ?
Will be automatically changed to dynamic DNS under Win2k or required
manual settings?
thanks

You'll have both services. <g>
The WINS service will be upgraded to the
W2k version and DNS will need to configured
under W2k.

"Bob" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:
> Hi, what will happen with WINS when I upgrade WinNT4 to Win2k server ?
> Will be automatically changed to dynamic DNS under Win2k or required
> manual settings?
> thanks

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

does it mean I can still use WINS with no changes? Or I need to configure
DNS?
thanks

"Michael Giorgio - MVP" <michael.giorgio@Nospam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:#UyRvsPQEHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You'll have both services. <g>
> The WINS service will be upgraded to the
> W2k version and DNS will need to configured
> under W2k.
>
> "Bob" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:
> > Hi, what will happen with WINS when I upgrade WinNT4 to Win2k server ?
> > Will be automatically changed to dynamic DNS under Win2k or required
> > manual settings?
> > thanks

Yes you can use WINS with no changes but you'll
also have to configure DNS because the W2k AD
domain will need DNS.