[SOLVED] Wipe everyhing except the boot part of the OS W10

Searme

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Hello everyone!

So i am upgrading my pc to a brand new MB, CPU and GPU but the storages decvice will of course stay the same. As my W10 is installed with everything compatible with my old hardware i was wondering if it was possible to erase everything (games, drivers, data...) but not the core part of the OS. I want to be able to plug in the ssd and be able to boot up to a fresh windows start without the use of an usb key as i would probably lose the activation license... So basically not do a bootable usb key and keep my ssd with the OS still intact? is that even possible or is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you attach your Windows License to a Microsoft Account, you can change all the hardware you want and your license stays with the account (not the hardware).

Do this and then perform a clean install of Windows 10.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
If you attach your Windows License to a Microsoft Account, you can change all the hardware you want and your license stays with the account (not the hardware).

-Wolf sends

Solution

Searme

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019

-Wolf sends

Hey, thanks for the quick answer, so with that method i'll still have to create that bootable usb key though right?