Wipe Hard drive?

Jtford

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
I am in the process of upgrading mother boards. In doing so, I would need to reactivate windows by talking to a windows Technician. I was planning on wiping my hard drive to completely reinstall windows but don't know how to. I have looked up many guides but they all seem to wipe in order to throw away the hard drive. I want to use mine again, like it was new.

Solution
just re-install Windows from the Disk(or USB). When it asks where to install, click the advanced button, and it will let you wipe the drive. Delete all the partitions(volumes) and install to the empty drive and it will create the volumes it needs.
just re-install Windows from the Disk(or USB). When it asks where to install, click the advanced button, and it will let you wipe the drive. Delete all the partitions(volumes) and install to the empty drive and it will create the volumes it needs.

Solution

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
If you have a spare computer lying around, you could put it in there as a secondary drive, then wipe the drive using CMD/diskpart.exe...

Or as mentioned, just do a clean install by booting from the DVD/Thumbdrive. Select 'advanced' then delete partitions, and start from a blank slate.