[SOLVED] Wiping/Cleaning my HDD after cloning to SSD.

Alex mench

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hello,

I've just cloned what should be everything from my old 1TB HDD to my new Samsung EVO 870 500GB SSD. I uninstalled many applications to make the cloning process easier but now I want to redownload them onto my HDD.
View: https://imgur.com/a/C0g8heG

In this picture from the imgur link provided, you can see my drives. For whatever reason my drives are always split. When I had just my HDD it was only the C: and D: and now I suspect that the C: and D: are my SSD and my E: and F: are my HDD. I was planning on completely wiping my HDD but I am hesitant. My question may be stupid, but I'm very scared of wiping stuff as I know that it can cause unrepairable damage so should I be good to wipe the E: and F: , or is there any thing else that I should be doing before hand? Any and all answers are very welcome.

Solution
now I suspect that the C: and D: are my SSD and my E: and F: are my HDD.
That appears to be correct. But about 20GB is missing from each disk. These are probably hidden partitions.

Is this a laptop or a branded desktop? If so, there should be a manufacturer's recovery partition in addition to three small partitions created with GPT style partitioning - a total of four hidden partitions.

Please give complete details of your computer as well as the partitioning plan as shown by Windows Disk Management.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
now I suspect that the C: and D: are my SSD and my E: and F: are my HDD.
That appears to be correct. But about 20GB is missing from each disk. These are probably hidden partitions.

Is this a laptop or a branded desktop? If so, there should be a manufacturer's recovery partition in addition to three small partitions created with GPT style partitioning - a total of four hidden partitions.

Please give complete details of your computer as well as the partitioning plan as shown by Windows Disk Management.

Solution