[SOLVED] Wiping ssd’s

Oct 8, 2021
Hello everyone, I’m currently going to do a clean install of windows 10. I have it in a ssd but I want to install it on my new ssd but I have a few games on that new one. My question is. What’s the best way to wipe the ssd and get them clean for free? I have what I want backed up so I don’t care about losing anything else that’s on them nor do I care if any of it becomes unrecoverable. I just want my drives empty and clean and ready for my clean install.

Solution
cool cool thankyou guys! just a quick question that might sound stupid haha. how should i do my current ssd with windows on it? I feel I would have to do that after I reinstall windows and get my new ssd setup with the OS right?
After it is installed on teh new drive, then you connect this old drive.
Verify the system is NOT booting from the old drive.

Then, in Disk Management, delete all the partitions on it and reformat.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone, I’m currently going to do a clean install of windows 10. I have it in a ssd but I want to install it on my new ssd but I have a few games on that new one. My question is. What’s the best way to wipe the ssd and get them clean for free? I have what I want backed up so I don’t care about losing anything else that’s on them nor do I care if any of it becomes unrecoverable. I just want my drives empty and clean and ready for my clean install.
For a system that will remain with you, simply delete all partitions in Disk Management.

For whichever drive you're going to install the OS on, do that during the install.

Oct 8, 2021
cool cool thankyou guys! just a quick question that might sound stupid haha. how should i do my current ssd with windows on it? I feel I would have to do that after I reinstall windows and get my new ssd setup with the OS right?

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
Oct 8, 2021

Okay that’s what I was thinking as well I just wanted your 2 cents. Everything went smooth as can be! Thanks bud!