Wired PC Lan Gaming - NFS Most Wanted(2005)

aravindu43

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
I'm new to lan gaming, we have an event of gaming competition and need to setup a lan network for it. Can anyone tell me what all components I need for it and a detailed tutorial on how to setup it.
I have 4 PC's to connect over wired LAN.
Thanks in advance

Solution
You're pretty much ready, all pcs connected to the same switch, all pcs within the same subnetwork IP (your router's DHCP most likely has taken care of that), and make sure all pc's have the same version of the game and allowed in Windows Firewall.

If one PC is unable to connect to the game its likely its antivirus has a built in firewall as well so disabling it should fix the problem, check that too in the PC that's going to host the game, or better disable all firewalls on it including Windows Firewall to ensure there won't be issue connecting to it.
You're pretty much ready, all pcs connected to the same switch, all pcs within the same subnetwork IP (your router's DHCP most likely has taken care of that), and make sure all pc's have the same version of the game and allowed in Windows Firewall.

If one PC is unable to connect to the game its likely its antivirus has a built in firewall as well so disabling it should fix the problem, check that too in the PC that's going to host the game, or better disable all firewalls on it including Windows Firewall to ensure there won't be issue connecting to it.

Solution