[SOLVED] Wireless connection problem, device showing in manager but not adapter settings

tob_ewalker

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
Hi all,
Having a huge problem. My client gave access to some scumbag the other day, and since then, is unable to access the internet. The adapter shows in device manager, but not on the network and sharing centre. There is no WiFi icon, and you can't turn flight mode on/off.

The network and sharing centre gives an error "unknown, the dependency service or group failed to start.

I've been into services and tried to activate some of them, which just gives an error 1068, the dependency group failed to start.

I have edited the registry using some information from the Microsoft help centre, but still no joy.

There's no option to roll back the machine, and I'm now at my wit's end. Any help massively appreciated.

Thank you

Solution
That's what I thought it would come to. Luckily, found the solution. Msconfig and startup was set to selected services, just changed it to normal start-up and all sorted :)

tob_ewalker

Reputable
Aug 31, 2017
That's what I thought it would come to. Luckily, found the solution. Msconfig and startup was set to selected services, just changed it to normal start-up and all sorted :)

Solution