[SOLVED] Wireless device preventing my pc from sleeping

Jackfiq

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
hey guys its been a while since i post something here hahaha. anyway i have this i8 wireless multifunction keyboard that comes with a usb dongle. the problem is whenever the dongle connect to the pc, and i want to put the pc on sleep, the screen goes black but the system still running. when wiggle my mouse, the screen light up back like nothing happen. i've already untick "allow this device to wake the computer" on every single hardware that is a part with this thing, which in device and printer called "2.4g composite devic" like legit without the e. they probably forgot that when making this thing hahaha. anyway the pc sleeps just fine when the dongle is unplugged, but i need to restart my pc first for it to work. soo yeah anyone knows how to deal with this problem? thank you soo much :D

Solution
May be using generic MS drivers....

Any calibration software? If so, reinstall and recalibrate.

Is Wake on LAN enabled? Could be something else waking the computer.

Look in Task Scheduler. Seems that more and more things are being slipped in there.

Try the keyboard on another known working computer. At home and at another location via family or friends. Social distancing etc. as applicable.

Try another keyboard on your computer.

Determine if the "wakening" problem follows the keyboard or stay with your computer.

Could be that the dongle is responding to some other 2.4 GHz signals in your immediate environment.

Key is to narrow down the possible culprits via elimination and isolation.

Omg hahahahaha i dont know...

Jackfiq

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Does the following link show your keyboard?

http://www.riitek.com/product/i8.html

Have you tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers?

Manually download (no driver utilities) via the manufacturer's website, reinstall, and reconfigure.

CPU: I5-4460
Motherboard: Asus b85-pro gamer
ram: 12 gb ram
gpu: gtx 750
1 ssd and 1 hdd
psu: coolermaster ex2 625

that link you gave is almost the same as mine, but here is the more accurate one
sku_449632_1.jpg

i think its a plug and play kinda device soo i dont think theres a manual driver but i've tried remove device from device and printer, unplugged and plug it back, try sleep and still the same thing occur.

Ralston18

Titan

Look in Task Scheduler. Seems that more and more things are being slipped in there.

Try the keyboard on another known working computer. At home and at another location via family or friends. Social distancing etc. as applicable.

Determine if the "wakening" problem follows the keyboard or stay with your computer.

Could be that the dongle is responding to some other 2.4 GHz signals in your immediate environment.

Jackfiq

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015

Omg hahahahaha i dont know what fix it, but first, i did tried it on my other laptop like you've said, and put it into sleep works just fine while the dongle is plugged in. and then i went back to my pc and all i did is change the "put the computer to sleep" to never at the "balance" power plan (i think i forgot to change the setting back when i did clean install windows 10 couple months back) and it works just fine now hahahaha. thank you guys for your time im sorry this must look dumb or something hadhfahha sorry for wasting your time but again thank you for you guys' attention. really appreciate it :D:D

Solution