[SOLVED] Wireless Ethernet Latency problems

Jan 17, 2019
So I have a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB nic and have recently bought this. After I thought my old one didn't work but it turns out I'm still getting latency problems every couple of minutes I get packet loss or high ping and it will go away within seconds to about 30 seconds I have tried everything but I'm not sure what to do my parents updated the router Firmware the same day it started acting up and having these problems my dad has tried giving my computer priority and other things and I have run tracers in cmd and pinged a lot and checked my CPU and nothing raises when the lag happens so I think it is the router we have a Netgear 5g wifi which is from Xfinity. I also know that the connection strength isn't very good as I think it is like 30% and my dad who usually knows everything about this can fix it I honestly have no clue what to do. P.S I don't have a wired ethernet cable but I think it works better because I have one For my Xbox one and it lags too when it is not connected wired and in the same way my computer does (drivers are updated also)

Solution
That is just one of those things you have to live with when you use ethernet. The delay really only have a major impact on games.

This is generally caused by interference from other wifi devices. Most times these are wifi connections being used in your neighbors house interfering with your wifi.

The only real option is to try to change the wifi channels. This used to work but now days people have tri band routers that have the ability for a single device to use all the wif channels. In addition it is getting more and more common for people to run the so called mesh systems. So you now have multiple devices in all your neighbors houses competing for radio bandwidth.

There is no real solution for this other than to not use...
That is just one of those things you have to live with when you use ethernet. The delay really only have a major impact on games.

This is generally caused by interference from other wifi devices. Most times these are wifi connections being used in your neighbors house interfering with your wifi.

The only real option is to try to change the wifi channels. This used to work but now days people have tri band routers that have the ability for a single device to use all the wif channels. In addition it is getting more and more common for people to run the so called mesh systems. So you now have multiple devices in all your neighbors houses competing for radio bandwidth.

There is no real solution for this other than to not use wifi for application that can not tolerate these spikes of data delays.

Solution