Question Wireless monitor as main display? Help

Dec 11, 2019
So my main question is if it's possible to have a main monitor working without any graphic cable and if it's pain free, working just as fine as with a hardwired connection for my sort of use.

I was thinking of a 24 or 27 screen for office tools and Internet browsing, eventually YouTube videos, no gaming.

The reason for this is that I wanted to move my desk but the PC tower has to stay where it is as I have a big screen and music stuff plugged to it.

My current screen is a 4k, 40 something screen that doubles as monitor and media screen. It has Miracast.

I once had one of those HDMI Microsoft wireless dongles but I had a poor image mirroring my laptop onto a 32inch screen. Worst results with a chromecast. Plus, IIRC, one had to boot computer, then cast main screen onto the second.

So is this doable or should I just forget about it?

Dec 11, 2019
So I'm asking for something a bit exotic then... but can you point me in the right direction of one of such devices ? Just so I have an idea at how much I would be looking at?

I'm getting stuff at around 100/150€ at Amazon and I would be ok with that if they worked just like a cable... but they all have 3.5 stars so I guess not that great.