Question Wireless mouse interfering with wifi connection

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
As the title says, the frequency of my wireless mouse is effecting my wifi connection on my desktop. I have no way of hooking it up directly to my router so that's out of the question. What can i do to fix this issue, as this was an expensive mouse that I'd like to use as my main. The mouse in question is the Corsair Dark Core.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Does your router/PC offer a dual band connection? You could try running a 5ghz signal instead of the 2.4. That would stop the interference.

Or, i believe the corsair dark core has bluetooth capability. You could look into going that route, you may have to buy a bluetooth USB adapter from amazon.

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Does your router/PC offer a dual band connection? You could try running a 5ghz signal instead of the 2.4. That would stop the interference.

Or, i believe the corsair dark core has bluetooth capability. You could look into going that route, you may have to buy a bluetooth USB adapter from amazon.
Yeah I was thinking of just buying a Bluetooth adapter for it since I gave my last one away. Idk how to change my frequency though cause the wifi adapter in my PC is only 2.4ghz.

USAFRet

Titan
Because every time I use it I get 10k ping and my desktop stops picking up the wifi signal. I wouldnt ask such a specific question if I wasn't sure of the problem.
You'd be surprised at some of the assumptions people make, thinking X is the cause of Y.

Anyway, you need to change something.
Possibly change the WiFi channel and see what happens.
Not the freq, but the channel.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Yeah I was thinking of just buying a Bluetooth adapter for it since I gave my last one away. Idk how to change my frequency though cause the wifi adapter in my PC is only 2.4ghz.
If the wifi adapter is only 2.4ghz, then you're stuck with 2.4ghz. I'd try what USAFRet is suggesting about changing the wifi channel because its free. If that doesnt work, get that bluetooth adapter.

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
If the wifi adapter is only 2.4ghz, then you're stuck with 2.4ghz. I'd try what USAFRet is suggesting about changing the wifi channel because its free. If that doesnt work, get that bluetooth adapter.
My adapter is 802.11ac which is said to support 5ghz, but when I go into the properties under the Device Manager, it doesn't give me an option to change it.

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
My adapter is 802.11ac which is said to support 5ghz, but when I go into the properties under the Device Manager, it doesn't give me an option to change it.
You wouldn't change it from there. If it's dual band, just connect to your 5g signal that your router in producing in your list of networks. You need to make sure you have the dual band set up in your router's user interface.