Wireless-N Repeater stock in Setup wizard

Sean13

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Hi Guys,

i just got this Wireless-N repeater device and im having a hard time setting up the device. I have gone through most of the step and managed to login with the IP address after modifying my (TCP/IPv4).
Now i type http://192.168.10.1/home.asp
and go directly to the setup page. once im there i try to connect to my WIFI router. when i reach the Site Survey Page i can see my wifi router listed there but i cant connect as there is no check box to select ????? not like what it shows in the set up manual ...
Thanks

bo1914

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Finally someone with my same problem! Did you ever find the solution? There is no "Select" column to choose your SSID so the NEXT button is greyed out and I can't go any further.

Guys, what make/model of repeater? And btw, usually the site survey page is just a convenience. You should be able to specify the wireless client's parameters manually. But if not for some reason, that's why I want to know the make/model. Something else seems amiss.

bo1914

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I'm not sure of the model but it may be a win-star WN518 based on the online version of the Installation Guide I found (http://www.win-star.com/download/drivers/wn518n-manual-v1.1.pdf).

There is no option to select your network, so the "Next" button is greyed out. Even if you enter your SSID in the box, the "Next" button stays greyed out and will not allow you continue with the setup. I've tried on 3 different PC's and my iPhone, and the setup screen is the same: No "Select" column next to the "Signal" column.

Hmm, that sounds like it might simply be a display error. Have you tried other browsers? Sometimes ppl code HTML that's not 100% compatible across browsers.

Regardless, it appears to me that the Wizard interface is optional. From the PDF, it looks to me that you could configure the repeater manually using the other menu options. As I said, usually these site survey tools are just a convenience (I never use them, or the Wizards for that matter).