Wireless printer server

Earl_J_LIama

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2001
I have a wireless network up and runnin just fine, now I got this EtherFast Wireless Ready USB Printer Server thing from linksys. I got the ACT light up (which means the printers connected to it) and I got the WLAN light up (which means it has a connection with my Wireless network) so now, why can't my computers detect that it's there. I'm thinking there might be an IP address problem, should i have XP automatically detect all IP addresses? The print server is supposed to broadcast its own IP address.

Not so funny meow is it? - Foster

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
did you enable the DHCP client (chapter 9 in the manual)? If so, then just use IPP (chapter 8 in the manual)

Actually the manual is laid out kinda bad. They're assuming your LAN is in the 192.168.1 subnet. If not, you're SOL. Chapter 9 should be up front because you can't use any of the web admin features without it. Oh well.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Earl_J_LIama

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2001
yeah but what if the stupid print server isn't even listed because the stupid thing won't detect it

i think it also may have something to do with the fact that i have two networks running off this computer. one is a network that's for the internet (cable modem connected via 10/100) and the other is my wireless network

Not so funny meow is it? - Foster<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Earl_J_Liama on 01/07/03 06:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
what subnet is your LAN? Evidently the DHCP server is enabled by default, so you could possibly try to ping the print server if you coudl see what IP addresses are leased (maybe in your router)?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>