Wireless setup in R-Pi Bodhi

I've just installed R-Pi Bodhi and want to set up my wireless, but no networks are listed in wicd. Clicking the refresh or disconnect buttons returns 'No networks found'. In Raspbian, I can just fire up the default network manager, create a new connection and enter the SSID and password. Doesn't seem to be an option for that in wicd?

bodhi probably doesnt contain drivers/firmware for your wifi card

post output of
sudo ifconfig
lsusb

Thanks for replying skittle. The thought had occurred to me, but R-Pi Bodhi is built on Raspbian (Debian) in the same way that x86-64 Bodhi is built on x86-64 Ubuntu. So wouldn't R-Pi Bodhi inherit all the drivers you'd get in Raspbian, same kernel etc?

I've run ifconfig and lsusb and got the three interfaces listed (inc wlan0) and lsusb listed my Wi-Fi adapter correctly, so I think I'm OK on that front. Good suggestion though.

In Raspbian, I didn't get a list of detected SSIDs either, but had the option to manually enter it, which worked fine. It's unfortunate that Bodhi replaces that network manager.

I have an option to add a makeshift network or something similar-sounding, but requires an IP address, and I'm not sure what the option even means. Alternatively, to enter a "hidden SSID". I don't think mine is hidden, but gave it a try anyway, but got no password prompt and nothing appeared to happen.

I have a solution - needed to open preferences and actually type in 'wlan0' in the box for 'wireless interface'. The 'wired interface' box contains 'eth0' by default, but for some reason it seems 'wlan0' wasn't a safe bet for a wireless default value.

Unfortunately browsing performance is dismal anyway. I'm watching this post catch up with me as I type it with just one tab open. More than one tab becomes unusable. Guess ARM11 isn't enough muscle for decent browsing in Linux! I'll overclock and overvolt it to the absolute limit though and look for some performance tips.

Thanks for the suggestions people.

And by the way, it was "ad-hoc network" I was thinking of :)